Vegetarian Taco Salad! If you are searching for a hearty, meat-free salad, this taco salad is it! Fresh garden vegetables topped with homemade lentil taco meat and creamy Litehouse® Jalapeño Ranch dressing. Packed with plant-based protein and fiber, you can feel good about this tasty salad meal.
- 1 cup dry brown or green lentils
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 8 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup Litehouse® Jalapeño Ranch
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Rinse and sort the lentils, then place in a saucepan with enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then cover reduce heat to medium-low and cook until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, then return back to the saucepan with taco seasoning and salsa. Mix to combine, adding more salsa as needed. Season to taste, then set aside to lightly cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, tomato, carrot, radishes, cucumber and corn kernels. Add the reserved taco meat, avocado and dressing, then lightly toss, divide onto four plates and serve with Litehouse® Jalapeño Ranch.