Tender tofu deep fried and tossed in Litehouse® Sesame Ginger dressing with fresh vegetables and served over brown rice and quinoa blend.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice & quinoa blend
- 1 pound firm tofu
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup mushrooms quartered (button or shitake)
- ½ cup Chinese cut carrots (Bias cut)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups Litehouse® Sesame Ginger dressing
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons furikake seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black or white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cut green onion (Bias cut)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package instructions and keep warm.
- In a deep fryer or large skillet heat vegetable oil to 350° F.
- Remove tofu from packaging and gently pat dry. Cut tofu into large 1-inch cubes and toss in cornstarch. Coat evenly and shake off excess. Fry tofu until golden brown and set aside on paper towel to drain.
- In a sauté pan or wok heat sesame oil over high heat. Add garlic and shallot and toss quickly as not to burn. Once fragrant, add mushrooms and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Once mushrooms are softened, add broccoli and carrots. Stir fry for one minute then add Litehouse® Sesame Ginger dressing. Once hot, add fried tofu and toss until well coated. Season to taste.
- To serve, place hot rice into serving bowls. Sprinkle furikake on rice. Spoon tofu stir fry onto rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.