You are invited to a fiesta of flavor and fresh veggies with our south-of-the-border inspired potato salad. Simple to make, this celebration-worthy side dish is loaded with tomatoes, baby spinach, black beans, corn avocado and dressed in Jalapeño Ranch.
- 1.5 lb. mini potatoes (assorted colors)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (divided)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt (divided)
- 8 ounces NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ to 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (amount depends on “hotness” preference”
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Fresh Express® Baby Spinach
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ to 2/3 cup Litehouse® Jalapeño Ranch Dressing
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees
Half or quarter mini potatoes into bite-sized pieces depending on their size.
Add potatoes to bowl, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1 teaspoon garlic salt. Stir to combine. Pour out in single layer on rimmed baking sheet.
Add frozen corn to same bowl, drizzling with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1 teaspoon garlic salt. Stir to combine. Pour out in single layer on separate rimmed baking sheet.
Roast potatoes and corn in the oven for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, stirring up once or twice. The corn may need to come out at 15 to 20 minutes, when it becomes golden brown around the edges.
Remove potatoes and corn from oven and let cool on baking sheets for 5 to 10 minutes.
While cooling, take care of any remaining prep on the other vegetables per ingredient list notes.
Add potatoes, corn, tomatoes, spinach, cilantro, black beans, red onion, and jalapeño to large bowl. Add dressing (more or less depending on preference) and stir well to evenly coat.
Gently stir in avocado chunks to dressed salad. Top with additional jalapeño, if desired.