Cut the baguettes on the diagonal to create a delicious appetizer.
- 9 oz. frozen spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally in 1" slices
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Spring Onion
- 4 oz. Litehouse® Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cook spinach according to directions on package and in a medium bowl, mix with ricotta, Litehouse® Instantly Fresh spring onion and salt; mix well.
- Brush both sides of the bread with the olive oil and sprinkle with the pepper. Place on a cookie sheet and broil about 4 inches from the heat, turning once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the bread, but leave the broiler on. Spread the spinach-ricotta mixture over the bread, dividing evenly. Sprinkle each slice of bread with cheese.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat until the cheese melts, about 30 seconds. Serve hot.