Grilled Italian asparagus is the perfect homemade side dish to compliment any meal prepared on the grill. Whether you're entertaining or making dinner for your family, you can’t go wrong with asparagus. Best of all, the entire recipe takes only 15 minutes (or less) to prepare from start to finish -- making it the ideal side dish for any dinner while in season.
- 1 lb. Asparagus
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Italian Herb Blend
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- While grill is preheating, cut 1-inch off the ends of the asparagus. Rinse under cold water and pat dry. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, and drizzle the extra virgin olive oil. Then, sprinkle on the Litehouse® Freeze Dried Italian Herb Blend, kosher salt, and ground black pepper. Using your hands, massage the seasoning into the asparagus.
- Reduce the heat to low on the grill. Clean the grill, and spray cooking spray on the grill grates. Carefully, add the asparagus spears onto the grill. Close the lid and cook for five minutes. *Turn the asparagus halfway through cooking to avoid burning.
- Carefully, remove the asparagus spears from the grill and place on a platter. Serve immediately.