This spin on a Greek salad is made with farro, chickpeas, fresh vegetables and a tangy herb Greek dressing. It’s easy to make, filling and perfect as a side dish or main.
- 1 cup (dry) Bob’s Red Mill® Organic Farro
- ½ of a red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup halved and pitted kalamata olives
- ¾ cup Litehouse® Feta Crumbles
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Litehouse® Freeze Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Add 8 cups of water and a pinch of salt to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add 1 cup rinsed farro and return to boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- While the farro is cooking, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Slice the red onion and add to a small bowl. Add ¼ cup of the vinaigrette to the red onion and stir well. Let sit to marinate while the farro is cooking.
- Add the chickpeas, cooked farro, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta and marinated onion (including the marinade) to a large bowl. Top with remaining vinaigrette and toss well to coat. Enjoy!