Pumpkin Ginger Bread! This pumpkin bread is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and made with whole wheat flour. No taste sacrifices here --- it’s perfectly moist and tender, no one will ever guess that it’s better for you. Studded with Litehouse Freeze Dried Ginger, it’s a must-make recipe for fall.
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Litehouse Freeze Dried Ginger
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or regular whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour)
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan or line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup coconut oil, maple syrup and ginger. Add in the pumpkin puree, eggs and 1/4 cup milk and whisk until well blended.
- Add in the nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, vanilla and salt and whisk into well blended, then gradually stir in the flour, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack while you prepare the glaze.
- In a clean bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, remaining tablespoon of coconut oil and remaining 2 teaspoons milk. The glaze should be a thick, pourable consistency. If it’s too thick, add a splash of milk. Too thin, add more powdered sugar. Pour on the cake, let harden, then slice and serve!