- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 Onion, wedged
- 1 Lemon, wedged
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 c. Fresh Cranberries
- 1c. Water
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Ginger
- ½ c. Sweet Asian Chili Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the chicken on a roasting rack in a roasting pan or baking dish.
- Place the onion, lemon wedges, and bay leaves inside the large cavity of the chicken.
- Drizzle the skin with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast for 10 minutes per pound of the bird.
- Meanwhile in a small sauce pan heat the cranberries and water over medium low heat.
- Once the cranberries begin to burst add the ginger and cook until thick like a jam.
- Stir in the chili sauce and remove from the heat.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and spread the cranberry ginger chili sauce all over the bird.
- Return to the oven and cook 10 minutes more.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 15-20 minutes, covered with foil, before cutting into it.