The chicken for these tacos can assembled in your slow cooker the night before you need to cook the meat. This is a great option for feeding a crowd at a party or even just for making your family very happy!
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 2-3 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo, minced, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from the can
- ½ c. Chicken Stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp. Mexican Oregano
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
For the Bacon Pico de Gallo:
- ½ c. Diced Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 small Radishes, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ½ c. Cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- ½ c. precooked Bacon Crumbles
- Cotija Cheese
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dressing
- 16 Corn Tortillas
- Combine the chicken, onion, garlic, diced tomatoes, chipotle peppers, chicken stock, bay leaf, oregano, cumin, salt, sugar and black pepper in a slow cooker and set to low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken shreds easily. Discard the bay leaf.
- Remove the chicken from the tomato sauce mixture and shred with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker, stir to combine, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- As the chicken cooks, make the Bacon Pico de Gallo. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the onion, garlic, radishes, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Toss to mix. Then, toss in the crumbled bacon. Set aside.
- Scoop the chicken mixture into corn tortillas, top with a slice of avocado, Bacon Pico de Gallo, ranch dressing and crumbled cotija cheese. Serve warm.