This recipe combines a sharp cheddar with delicate herbs to form a flaky biscuit.
- 2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- 3/4 c. Grated Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 c. Buttermilk
- 4 tbsp. Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cayenne (optional) together using a whisk. Add the herbs, cheese and buttermilk. Stir together until dough forms. Once dough has formed, using an ice cream scooper, scoop out dough onto baking tray. With a brush, lightly butter tops.
- Bake for 15 minutes.