Wanting a little extra? Sauté the apple slices in a little butter and sugar for 7-8 minutes.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter (for sauce)
- 1/3 cup butter (seperate than sauce)
- 4 cups day old bread or rolls, cubed
- 2 cups apples
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel or any of the following:
- Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel Dip
- Litehouse® Low Fat Caramel Dip
- Litehouse® Chocolate Caramel Dip
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 1-1/2 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly; stir in nuts; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, Litehouse® caramel dip and 1/4 cup butter.
- Cook over medium heat until blended and butter is melted (this can be done in the microwave as well). Remove from heat.
- Stir in bread and apples (sauté first, if desired). Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in eggs. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream.