Amaranth is an ancient “Super Grain” that is gluten-free and filled with protein. You can pop it like popcorn!
- (2) 9 oz. bags Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- ¼ c. Litehouse® Salad Herb Blend
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken Breast or 2 c. Cooked Chicken (optional)
- ½ c. Litehouse® Caesar Dressing
- 1/3 c. Amaranth
- ½ c. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Heat a stockpot on high heat. When the pan is hot and a drop of water can sizzle on it, drop the Amaranth and pop one teaspoon at a time. This can be done ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a greased baking sheet or silicone baking mat, separate the Parmesan into small piles. Place 1 teaspoon of popped Amaranth on the top of the Parmesan.
- Bake 3-5 minutes.
- Place romaine, herbs, Caesar dressing, chicken, and Amaranth crisps in a bowl. Serve.