These buttermilk ranch pancakes put a savory twist on a brunch classic. Rich buttermilk and ranch pancakes are topped with a cheese fried egg, scallions, bacon, pickled onion, and cheese to create the perfect savory brunch!
Savory French Toast Recipe Ingredients
- 2 c. All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/4 c. Buttermilk
- 1 c. Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp. Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives
- 1/4 c. Shredded Cheddar, divided
- 2 Eggs
- Bacon Bits
- Pickled Onion
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, freeze dried herbs and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk, ranch, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until just incorporated.
- Cook pancakes in a greased skillet over medium heat until bubbles form on the uncooked side. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- To cook the cheese fried egg, add 2 tbsp. cheese in a pan and spread out. Crack egg on top and cook until desired doneness. Top with additional melted cheddar.
- Serve pancakes with cheesy egg, bacon bits, scallions and pickled onion.