This version of Kofta is created in the Mediterranean style and is served with flatbreads or naan and tzatziki dressing.
- 1/2 medium Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Mint
- 1 lb. Ground Beef (75% lean/25% fat)
- 1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp. Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Olive Oil, for oiling the grill
- 1 c. English Cucumber, diced
- ½ c. Red Onion, diced
- Naan or Pita, for serving
- Combine the onion, garlic, parsley and mint in a large bowl. Add in the ground beef, salt, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cloves and red pepper flakes. Mix gently to combine. Do not overmix.
- Form into 30 (2-inch balls) and place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan lightly coated with olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the meatballs in batches. Do not overcrowd the pan. Cook, turning occasionally, until brown all over and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove to a serving platter.
- To finish, lightly grill the pitas or naan in the grill pan for about a minute to toast and warm through. Top each pita or naan with Tzatziki Ranch dressing, 3 meatballs, cucumber and onion. Serve immediately.