This recipe uses our Baked Chicken Wing recipe for ultimate crispy wings and smothers them in a sweet and spicy Bourbon buffalo sauce. You can make them as hot or mild as you’d like!
- 1 batch Crispy Baked Chicken Wings (without sauce)
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 c. Finely Minced Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 c. Bourbon, divided
- 3/4 c. Ketchup
- 1/2 c. Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 c. Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp. Packed Golden Brown Sugar
- Litehouse® Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- Prepare chicken wings according to the recipe instructions.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup bourbon; boil until most of liquid is absorbed, 6 to 8 minutes. Whisk in 1/4 cup bourbon, ketchup, hot pepper sauce, tomato paste, and brown sugar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- When the wings finish cooking, place half of them in a large bowl and drizzle some sauce over the top. Toss the wings in the bowl to coat completely. Plate the wings and repeat with the remaining wings.
- Serve immediately with Litehouse Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing, carrots and celery.