How often is too often to consumer a delicious taco salad?
- 1 bag Fresh Express Romane Blend
- 1 c.Crushed Tortilla Chips
- ½ c. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 ½ c. Black Beans, rinsed
- 1 ½ c. Golden Corn Kernels
- ½ c. Red Onion, chopped
- 5 – 6 NatureSweet Cherub Tomatoes
- ¼ c. Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Jalapeno
- Juice of 1 Lime
- ¼ c. Sliced Olives
- 1/2 c. Litehouse® Avocado Ranch Dressing
1. Prepare the pico de gallo by chopping the tomatoes and placing them in a bowl. Dice the jalapeno and remove the seeds depending on how spicy you like your pico de gallo. Add the jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and olives to the bowl and gently mix to combine. Season with salt as desired.
2. Make the salad in a large bowl, preferably clear so that you can see the layers. Place ½ of the lettuce on the bottom of the bowl and top with ½ cup of tortilla chips.
3. Mix together the corn and beans and place them over the tortilla chips. Layer with the remaining lettuce and then tortilla chips.
4. Place the pico de gallo in the center of the bowl and sprinkle the cheese around it. Drizzle the top of the salad with the Avocado Ranch Dressing just before serving.