- 12 Whole-Wheat Slider Buns
- 6 small Lettuce Leaves, torn in half
- 2 small Ripe Tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
- 1 small Cucumber, thinly sliced into 24 slices
- 1 c. Simple Spread Dip, divided
For the Simple Spreads:
Instead of ketchup or mustard try adding one of these simple spreads to your burger for added flavor.
- 2/3 c. Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 c. of any of the following:
- Low-Fat Greek Yogurt
- Low-Fat Sour Cream
- 1 15 oz. can Cooked Chickpeas
- 1/4 c. Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 c. Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 c. Chopped White Onion
- 1 large Carrot, grated (or 1/2 c. grated)
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/4 c. Hot Wauce
- 1/4 c. Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dressing
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil (for pan frying or grilling)
- Combine chickpeas, brown rice, panko, grated carrot, minced garlic and onions into food processer.
- Pulse dry ingredients for 15-20 seconds until chickpeas are slightly mashed and mixture comes together.
- Add egg yolk, hot sauce, and Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dressing into food processer.
- With the wet ingredients added, pulse for 15-20 seconds.
- Shape mixture into patties. Burger size is approximately loosely packed ½ cup measure and slider size about ¼ cup measure. (Note: Mixture will be somewhat sticky. You can refrigerate for 20 minute before forming patties to reduce stickiness.)
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Lightly coat with olive oil. Once hot, add patties to the pan; cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving,
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of spread suggestions on bottom half of each bun; top with 1 patty. Top each slider with 2 cucumber slices, 1/2 lettuce leaf, and 1 tomato slice. Top with bun tops.