12 whole-wheat slider buns
6 small lettuce leaves, torn in half
2 small ripe tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced into 24 slices
1 cup simple spread dip, divided
For the Simple Spreads:
Instead of ketchup or mustard try adding one of these simple spreads to your burger for added flavor.
2/3 cup Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dressing
1/3 cup of any of the following:
- low-fat Greek yogurt
- low-fat sour cream
- 1 15 oz. can cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 c cooked brown rice
- 1 c panko or regular bread crumbs
- 1/2 c chopped white onion
- 1 large carrot, grated (or 1/2 c grated)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 c hot sauce
- 1/4 c Litehouse Homestyle Ranch Dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for pan frying or grilling)
1. Combine chickpeas, brown rice, panko, grated carrot, minced garlic and onions into food processer.
2. Pulse dry ingredients for 15-20 seconds until chickpeas are slightly mashed and mixture comes together.
3. Add egg yolk, hot sauce, and Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dressing into food processer.
4. With the wet ingredients added, pulse for 15-20 seconds.
5. Shape mixture into patties. Burger size is approximately loosely packed ½ cup measure and slider size about ¼ cup measure. (Note: Mixture will be somewhat sticky. You can refrigerate for 20 minute before forming patties to reduce stickiness.)
6. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Lightly coat with olive oil. Once hot, add patties to the pan; cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
7. Remove from pan and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving,
8. Spread about 1 tablespoon of spread suggestions on bottom half of each bun; top with 1 patty. Top each slider with 2 cucumber slices, 1/2 lettuce leaf, and 1 tomato slice. Top with bun tops.