Super Bowl snacks don’t have to ruin your tight end. Forget about salty chips and fattening chile cheese fries, I’ve created a healthy recipe that’s worth cheering about – “Rah-Rah” Root Veggie Fries. Serve with one of the many vegetable dips from Litehouse Foods and score big with the football fans in your life.
½ lb. beets,
½ lb. carrots,
½ lb. parsnips,
¼ cup liquid egg whites,
1 cup panko bread crumbs,
2 Tbsp. Instantly Fresh Parsley,
1 tsp. coarsely ground sea salt,
1 tsp. ground black pepper,
Litehouse Food’s Vegetable Dip of choice,
1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Trim stalks and ends of carrots, parsnips and beets. Use a clean scrub pad to thoroughly clean vegetables; no need to peel.
3. Use a sharp knife to slice vegetables into approximate 3-inch long, fry-sized strips.
4. Add egg whites to a shallow bowl, lightly whisk. Add panko Instantly Fresh Parsley, salt and pepper to another shallow bowl, toss together.
5. Dip vegetable strips into egg whites and then into panko mixture, a few at a time. If needed, lightly pat on panko so as much sticks as possible.
6. Spread out parchment paper on two rimmed baking sheets. Arrange vegetable strips in a single layer.
7. Bake in a 350 F degree oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until turning golden and crunchy.
8. Remove from oven and serve warm with your choice of dip.