This is a great meatless meal with rich flavors from the Middle-East.
- 1 c. Water
- ¾ c. Uncooked Quinoa
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp. Cayenne
- ½ tsp. Turmeric
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Cilantro
- 1 15oz. can Garbanzo Beans
- 1 medium Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 c. Fresh Green Beans
- 1 c. Cherry Tomato Halves
- Black Pepper
- Bring the water, quinoa and ¼ teaspoon of salt to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil. Add in the onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add in the cumin, cayenne, turmeric, cilantro and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes, allowing the juices to begin to cook out. Place the zucchini, green beans and garbanzo beans into the pan and toss to combine. Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes, allowing the vegetables to cook down.
- Season the tagine with the remaining salt and pepper and serve with the cooked quinoa.