Satisfy your Olympic-sized snacking urge with this vibrant and terrifically tasty Turmeric Curry Hummus with Roasted Chickpeas. Perfect for a sports-watching party or a post-workout snack!
- 2 c. Canned Chickpeas, rinsed, dried and “skinned” (divided)
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Mint
- 1 ½ tsp. Salt (divided)
- ½ c. Tahini
- ¼ c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Ginger
- 1 tsp. Curry Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Grated Turmeric Root
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- Additional Olive Oil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- After draining and rinsing chickpeas, place them on a paper towel and fold over, gently rubbing them. This will remove any remaining “skins.”
- Toss mint and salt together in small bowl. Take ½ cup of chickpeas and toss around with olive oil until coated. Add chickpeas to bowl with mint and shake around until dusted.
- Place chickpeas in oven and bake, tossing occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool on pan.
- Place remaining chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, ginger, curry powder, dried turmeric, fresh turmeric, remaining salt and pepper in a food processor and blend till smooth and creamy. If needed, add a bit of additional lime juice or water to adjust the consistency.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and roasted chickpeas.