Thanks to overnight oats waiting in the fridge, you can hit “snooze” without losing precious time for a wholesome breakfast. Try this easy oatmeal recipe packed with whole grains and healing spices.
- 3 tbsp. Unsweetened Coconut, toasted
- ½ c. Steel Cut Oats
- ½ Quick Oats
- 1 tsbp. Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp. Stevia Blend
- 1/3 c. Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 tsp. Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Ginger
- 1 c. Unsweetened Coconut Milk (from carton, not canned)
- 1 c. Water
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place raw coconut flakes on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until turning golden brown.
- Add toasted coconut, both types of oats, chia seeds, protein powder, stevia, turmeric and cinnamon in bowl and toss together.
- Crush up the Freeze Dried Ginger just a bit by using a mortar and pestle or with rolling pin in zip-top baggie. Add ginger to oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide oat mixture between 4 16-ounce mason jars or 2 jars if you prefer larger servings, as pictured.
- Pour coconut milk and water in equal portions among mason jars. Stir ingredients until combined, or screw on lid and shake until clump-free.
- Place jars in refrigerator for at least 8 hours. May be stored, chilled, for up to 3 days.
- To serve, remove, stir and eat cold. Or, to warm up, remove lid and microwave and 50% power in 30 second increments until desired temperature, stirring between. Thin with milk, if needed.