These spicy sweet potato cakes with feta, bacon and avocado are delicious appetizers inspired by Irish potato cakes!
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Egg
- ¾ c. Litehouse® Simply Artisan Feta Crumbles
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives
- ¼ c. Breadcrumbs
- ¼ c. Flour
- ¼ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 pieces Bacon
- ½ c. Diced Avocado
- ½ c. Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- Heat a pot of water until boiling. Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Boil sweet potatoes for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp and crumble. Drain sweet potatoes and mash. Mix sweet potatoes and all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Form small patties. Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add potato cakes and cook about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Top with sour cream, bacon, and avocado. Garnish with chives.