A bright and fresh side dish for spring! Strawberry Feta Quinoa Salad with Lemon Parsley Dressing. Delicious on it’s own for a light lunch or as a side dish to your favorite grilled protein. Sweet and savory salad with fresh shaved asparagus and a light lemon parsley dressing made with Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley.
- 1 c. Quinoa, rinsed
- 10 Asparagus Spears, shaved
- 1 c. Sliced Strawberries
- 1/3 c. Toasted, Slivered Almonds
- 1/3 c. Litehouse® Feta Crumbles
- 1 Small Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place the rinsed quinoa and 2 cup of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low, simmering for 12 minutes, until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and keep covered for 5 additional minutes, then remove lid and fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, place the cooled quinoa, shaved asparagus spears, sliced strawberries, toasted almonds and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic clove, Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley, lemon juice and mustard. Keep whisking, then slowly drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil to form a dressing. Add in a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, then add to the quinoa bowl and toss well.