Skip the takeout tonight and stay in with this perfect Sticky Chicken Takeout Knockoff! The homemade sauce is thick, sweet, spicy, and clings to every piece of chicken and vegetable, just like at the restaurant. Keep carb intake under control by making your own crispy noodle and sesame topping, adding just enough crunch to keep you from missing the noodles and white rice usually served with takeout dishes
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/3 c. + 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 c. Orange Juice
- 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Ginger
- 1 Tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 8 c. Sliced Vegetables, such as cabbage, bell peppers, carrot, onion, broccoli, baby corn, water chestnuts, etc.
- 1 3 oz. block Ramen Noodles, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 c. Sliced Almonds
- 1-2 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs whites, 1/3 c. cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Toss the chicken pieces in the egg mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the chicken and egg mixture into the hot pan and cook for 4-5 before flipping. The chicken will flip in one big cluster almost like an omelet making it easy to insure all pieces get browned!
- When chicken is browned on the second side remove from the heat, break up the chicken gently, and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a small pan over low heat, cook the ramen noodles, sesame seeds, and almonds until toasted then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, lime juice, and remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray. Add the prepared vegetables to the hot wok and cook, stirring constantly until they begin to get tender, about 10 minutes. Pour in the orange juice mixture and chicken, cooking until the sauce thickens and chicken is heated through. Serve immediately and sprinkle with the toasted noodle and sesame mixture.