Mexican food is always a family favorite in my home, and a cuisine that I embrace each week while meal planning. Spice up your next dinner with my easy recipe for semi-homemade Spicy Jalapeño Skillet Refried Beans featuring the new Litehouse® Freeze Dried Jalapeños, Guacamole Herb Blend, Freeze Dried Cilantro, and Litehouse® Simply Artisan Feta Cheese Crumbles.
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse® Freeze Dried Jalapeños + additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cans Pinto Beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon Grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse® Guacamole Herb Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse® Simply Artisan Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 1 teaspoon Litehouse® Freeze Dried Cilantro
- First add 1 tablespoon of Litehouse® Freeze Dried Jalapeños to the 1/2 cup of water, and set to the side.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Place the beans in a food processor and puree pinto beans. Slowly add in the jalapenos and water. Puree for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Heat a cast iron skillet with grape seed oil on medium heat, and place the remaining tablespoon of Freeze Dried Jalapenos in the skillet. Immediately add the pureed beans to the cast iron skillet. Stir in the Guacamole Herb Blend, and salt. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes (mixing a few times).
- Top with Litehouse® Simply Artisan Feta Cheese Crumbles, Freeze Dried Cilantro, and additional Freeze Dried Jalapeños on top. Serve immediately.