The combination of spicy grilled shrimp and cool, refreshing slaw make these tacos the perfect summer dinner dish that your entire family will enjoy.
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Bay Leaf, torn in half
- ¼ c. Olive Oil
- 2 lb. Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 c. Shredded Green Cabbage
- 1 c. Shredded Purple Cabbage
- ¼ c. Cilantro, minced
- ¼ c. Litehouse® Coleslaw Dressing
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt and Pepper
- 12 Soft Corn Tortilla Shells
- Avocado, Cotija Cheese, Jalapeno, Cilantro and Onion, for serving
- Combine shrimp along with chili powder, cumin, garlic, bay leaf and olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- While shrimp marinates prepare the slaw for the tacos. Toss together both cabbages, cilantro and dressing in a bowl. Squeeze the juice of the lime over the top, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium heat and skewer shrimp on wooden sticks soaked in water. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp from skewers.
- Warm tortillas on the grill and evenly divide shrimp and slaw between the shells. Top with fresh avocado, Cotija cheese and cilantro. For added spice and flavor add fresh jalapenos and onions if desired.