This hearty and filling vegetarian Southwest Quinoa Bake is packed with nourishing ingredients like black beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, corn and protein-rich quinoa. With Litehouse® Freeze Dried Cilantro, Garlic and Jalapeño, it’s easy to make with minimal prep time.
- 1 cup (dry) Bob’s Red Mill® Organic Quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse® Freeze Dried Jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse® Freeze Dried Cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 15 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- For topping: avocado, tomatoes/salsa
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 cup quinoa and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and let simmer until water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add olive oil to a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic bell pepper and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeño, cilantro, salt, chili powder, cumin, black beans, corn and tomatoes. Let cook for 5-7 minutes.
- When quinoa is ready, add to skillet with ½ cup vegetable broth. Stir well. Cover with shredded cheese, then transfer to oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top with avocado and fresh tomatoes.