Create a finger-licking dinner for your family tonight with smoky chipotle chili peppers, zesty barbecue sauce and cool slaw all in one bite!
- 2 c. Shredded Purple Cabbage
- ¾ c. Shredded Carrots
- ¼ c. Litehouse® Coleslaw Dressing
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- ½ small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 1 canned Chipotle Chile in Adobo
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ¾ c. Barbecue Sauce
- ¼ c. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 c. Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Brioche Buns or Hamburger Buns, lightly toasted
- For the slaw, toss together the cabbage, carrots and dressing. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in chipotle chile, bay leaf, barbecue sauce, vinegar, and ½ cup water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is slightly reduced, 15–20 minutes.
- Add chicken to barbecue sauce and toss to coat.
- Fill rolls with chicken and slaw.