When it comes to tacos, these smoky chicken tinga tacos are the way to go! Using rotisserie chicken will speed up the prep and make them the perfect weeknight meal.
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 c. Roughly Chopped Sweet Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1-2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, chopped (remove seeds for a milder flavor)
- 2 tbsp. Litehouse® Guacamole Herb Blend, divided
- 3⁄4 c. Canned Crushed Fire-roasted Tomatoes
- 1⁄4 c. Chicken Stock
- 1⁄2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 3 c. Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 12 Corn or Flour Tortillas
- 2 ripe Avocados
- Diced Onion, Fresh Cilantro and Cotija Cheese, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once warm, add the oil and onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Stir in the chipotles and 1 tablespoon Guacamole Herb Blend and toast for 1 minute. Add in the tomatoes, stock, and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes.
- Place the tomato mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the blended sauce to the pan over low heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- To serve, mash together the avocados with remaining Guacamole Herb Blend and salt as needed. Serve the tortillas warm along with the chicken, guacamole and additional toppings as desired.