This gorgeous summer squash salad is tossed with a bright, lemony dressing and sprinkled with tasty blue cheese.
- 1/2 c. Hazelnut Halves
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, melted
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 lbs. mixed Zucchini, Summer Squash and Pattypan Squash
- 1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Finely Grated Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Thyme
- Litehouse® Simply Artisan Reserve Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Grilled Pita Bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the hazelnuts with the butter and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and roast until fragrant and browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely, then coarsely chop.
- Quarter the zucchini and summer squash lengthwise and cut off the soft, seedy centers. Cut any large pattypans in half lengthwise and if using, core the acorn squash and scoop out the insides. Slice the accord squash into slices—you'll want all of the pieces to be roughly the same size. In a large bowl, toss all of the squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Thread the pattypan squash onto skewers for easy grilling.
- Grill the squash over medium-high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and tender, about 10 minutes. Cut the zucchini and summer squash into 2-inch lengths; transfer to a large bowl. Remove the pattypans from the skewers and add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon zest and juice with the honey, thyme and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the lemon vinaigrette to the grilled squash and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the Blue Cheese and toasted hazelnuts. Serve with grilled pita bread.