Stuffed acorn squash is the perfect dish for entertaining during the winter months. This recipe is full of flavor with the rosemary and sage!
2 acorn squash
1 lb ground pork
1 cup diced kale
1 cup cooked brown rice
3/4 cup diced onion
2 tsp. Instantly Fresh Sage
4 Tbls Litehouse Organic Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette (divided)
1 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup breadcrumbs or panko
2 Tbls Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Cut the acorn squash down the middle, through the stem.
3. Brush each half with 2 Tbls of the Litehouse Organic Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette.
4. Turn over and bake with the cut side down for 40 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, brown the pork in a pan over medium heat. Set aside.
6. In the same pan, sauté the onion, kale, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes.
7. Add the brown rice and 2 Tbs Organic Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette. Cook for 3-4 minutes more.
8. After the acorn squash has finished cooking, turn them over and fill them with the pork mixture, divided between the four halves.
9. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Top the stuffed acorn squash with the breadcrumb mixture.
10. Broil on high for 2 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are brown.