This roasted turkey recipe is simple, but very flavorful with our homemade herbed butter and brine.
- 10-12 lb. Turkey
- 4 Tbsp. Herb Butter (or normal butter), softened
- 4 cups Stuffing, prepared
- 4 cups Turkey or Chicken Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- If desired, brine turkey the night before.
- Remove any giblets from turkey. Rinse and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add stuffing into cavity. Rub turkey with herb butter. Tip: Gently separate skin from meat and rub softened herb butter on meat below skin. This will help the skin get crispy, and keep the meat moist.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a roasting pan with some turkey or chicken stock. Cover with aluminum foil. Add to preheated oven, on the lowest rack.
- Cook for roughly 20 minutes per pound of turkey, or until meat reaches 165 degrees F. To properly measure the temperature, use an instant-read thermometer and insert into the meaty part of the thigh, making sure to go roughly halfway into the thigh. If you measure too close to the skin, your temperature reading may be off.
- During cooking process, remove aluminum foil, baste turkey with stock from roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil again.
- When temperature is getting close to done, remove aluminum foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes to allow the skin to get crispy.
- Remove from oven and let the turkey rest for 15-30 minutes.
- Carve and enjoy!