This recipe offers a healthy mix of protein, vegetables and grains for an easy dinner.
For the chicken:
- 4 4-6oz. bone-in Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Basil
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
For the salad:
- 2 c. Couscous, cooked
- ½ c. Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ c. Diced Cucumber
- ½ c. Diced Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Diced Red Pnion
- ¼ c. Sliced Kalamata Olives
- ½ c. Litehouse® Simply Artisan Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Red Wine Olive Oil Vinaigrette
- Prepare the chicken by washing and drying the chicken breasts and placing them in a baking dish.
- Rub the tops of each chicken breast with olive oil. Squeeze the lemon juice over the tops of the chicken breasts. Season both sides with salt and pepper and sprinkle the tops with the oregano and basil. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the couscous salad. Place the cooked and cooled couscous into a medium size bowl. Add in the tomato, cucumber, red pepper, onion and olives. Toss the salad with the olive oil, lemon juice and vinaigrette. Just before serving, season with salt and pepper and mix in the feta cheese crumbles. When the chicken is finished cooking, serve with the salad.