This roasted carrot dish is easy to prepare and loaded with spice and cooling mint. Choose colorful carrots for a festive side dish.
- 2 lbs. Small Carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 3 Large Shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 Fennel bulb, cut into 1/2" wedges
- 4 tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
- Salt and ground pepper
- 2 tbso. Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Coriander
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Mint
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet along with shallots and fennel. If the carrots are large, half or quarter for faster cook time. Drizzle vegetables with 2 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and tender 35–45. Let cool.
- While vegetables are roasting, toast the sunflower seeds, coriander, red pepper flakes, paprika, and remaining olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until oil is gently bubbling around seeds and spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes. Let cool. Stir in vinegar and lemon juice then season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the roasted vegetables and toss to coat well, transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with Litehouse® Freeze Dried Mint and serve.