These ranch fried chicken & waffles are the perfect take on a Southern classic. With delicious crispy fried chicken and warm waffles, the two make the perfect combination for any brunch lover.
- 10 Chicken Thighs and/or Wings
- 2 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1/2 c. Buttermilk
- 1/2 c. Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch
- 1 Egg
- 2 qt. High Heat Oil, for frying
- Store-Bought Waffle Mix of choice
- 1/2 c. Maple Syrup + 3 tbsp. Hot Sauce of choice, heated
- Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch
- Place the chicken pieces on a wire rack set over a sheet pan and season with salt. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Divide the mixture in half. Use half to season the chicken on all sides. Refrigerate chicken for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and whisk together the flour, cornstarch, and the remaining spice mixture in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, ranch and egg.
- One piece at a time, dunk the chicken pieces into the buttermilk mixture, then dredge in the flour mixture until each piece is well coated. Place the coated pieces back on the wire rack and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil to 350ºF in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels and place a wire cooling rack upside down on the paper towels.
- When the oil is ready, fry the chicken pieces in 3 batches, rotating the pieces every 3 to 4 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and interior temperature reaches 155°F, about 10 minutes.
- Serve atop crispy waffles and serve with hot maple syrup and more ranch.