This rich ranch biscuit breakfast sandwich is the perfect way to start any morning. Made with flaky and rich biscuits loaded with Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch and butter, these biscuits will crumble in your mouth. Top them with a fried egg, cheese, bacon, and avocado and you have the perfect breakfast sandwich for any day!
Biscuit Recipe Ingredients
- 4 c. All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch
- 1 c. Buttermilk (cold)
- 2 sticks (1 c.) Unsalted Butter, diced into small cubes (cold)
- 1/4 c. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives
- 2 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- 2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Breakfast Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
- Biscuit, sliced in half
- Fried Egg
- Slice of Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices Bacon
- Avocado (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the ranch, buttermilk, chives, and parsley.
- Dice the butter into very small cubes and add to the flour mixture. Use your hands to incorporate the butter.
- Once incorporated, make a well in the flour and add in the buttermilk mixture and cheddar cheese. Stir the dough together with a wooden spoon until it forms a shaggy mixture.
- Transfer to a lightly floured large cutting board and pat out until it forms a 1 inch rectangle. Fold the dough in half from top to bottom and pat back down into the 1 inch rectangle. Repeat until you have 8 folds.
- Pat the dough into a 9x13 inch rectangle and slice into 12 square biscuits. Arrange biscuits on a baking sheet so that they are almost touching, but do not have the biscuits touching the sides of the pan.
- Brush the tops with buttermilk and bake for 22-24 minutes, until golden brown and flaky.
- To make the breakfast sandwich, slice a biscuit in half. Top the bottom half with a slice of cheddar cheese and broil in the oven for 1-2 minutes, until melty. Top with bacon and a fried egg.