These power meal prep bowls are a must-save for healthy eating throughout the week. Roasted squash, onion and mushrooms with hearty, chewy wheat berries, baked tofu and creamy Litehouse® Garden Ranch. Prep all of the ingredients ahead of time for simple assembly throughout the week. Healthy eating doesn’t have to be complicated, and these bowls make it easier to eat well!
- 2 medium Zucchini, diced
- 2 medium Yellow Summer Squash, diced
- 1 medium White Onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) Package Extra-Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 c. Uncooked Wheat Berries
- ½ c. Litehouse® Purely Balanced Garden Ranch
- Fresh parsley/dill, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the wheat berries and 3 cups of water in a medium sauce pan, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for at about 30 minutes. They should be chewy, but not tough. If needed, continue to cook longer and check every 5 minutes. You may need to cook up to 20 minutes longer, depending on the age of your berries and the variety purchased.
- While the wheatberries are cooking, toss the zucchini, squash, onion and mushrooms with 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Toss the cubed tofu with remaining olive oil and another generous pinch of salt and pepper. Place on a separate baking sheet in a single layer and cook for 25 minutes, until golden brown and tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
- When ready to assemble, divide the cooked wheat berries, tofu and roasted vegetables amoung 4 bowls. Drizzle with Litehouse® Purely Balanced Garden Ranch and garnish with freshly cracked black pepper, fresh parsley and dill.