Enjoy everything you love about the classic Stuffed Peppers recipe in a hearty, comforting bowl of soup. It’s loaded with beef, rice, peppers and spices in a flavourful tomato-based broth. It’s much easier to make than Stuffed Peppers and is ready to serve in 45 minutes. Serve for lunch or dinner with some crusty rolls.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp Litehouse® Freeze Dried Basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 – 28oz cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add ground beef, Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic, onion, green peppers, Litehouse® Freeze Dried Basil, oregano, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring often, until beef is browned and veggies are softened, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and beef broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in rice. Cover. Cook for an additional 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and cheddar cheese. Serve hot. Top with additional cheddar cheese, if desired.