Ring in the New Year with these beautiful, bold and bite-sized cheese balls on your holiday hors d'oeuvre table. Featuring Gorgonzola cheese, beets and palm heats, these amazing appetizers can be easily modified to suit the taste and dietary preferences of any nocturnal nosher at your party.
- 1 c. (4 oz) Litehouse® Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles
- 8 oz. Low-Fat Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Grated Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Bepper
- 3 Tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- 3 tbsp. Finely Chopped Pecans, toasted*
- 2 to 3 Canned Beets, drained and rinsed
- 4 to 5 Jarred Palm Hearts, drained
- 2 oz. Prepared Balsamic Vinegar Syrup (optional)
- Place gorgonzola, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, lemon zest, chives, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Place cheese mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up. Form cheese mixture into approximate 1 tablespoon-sized balls rolling between hands or using a cookie dough scooper. Add parsley and pecans to shallow bowl and stir to combine. Roll balls around in mixture to coat well.
- Cut beets into approximate ½-inch pieces and palm hearts crosswise into ½-inch lengths.
- Top each cheese ball with a beet and palm heart, securing with long toothpick or bamboo skewer. Place on a serving plate or in individual small bowls or glasses and drizzle with balsamic syrup. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
*The nut-free option is to roll in crushed chips of choice.