Celebrate grilling season with this tropical-inspired flat iron steak recipe paired with a side of mango jicama ginger slaw on the side – it’s the perfect meal for your backyard bash, pool party or any and all al fresco entertaining.
Marinade & Steaks:
- 1/4 c. Mango Juice
- 2 tsp. Grated Lime Rind
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp. Lime Zest
- 2 tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt, to season
- 1lb. Flat Iron Steak, trimmed
Fruit Ginger Jicama Slaw:
- 3 c. Jicama, peeled, julienned, grated or spiralized
- 1 c. Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- 2 large Mangos, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 bunch Green Onions, bulbs and tops
- 1/3 c. Frech Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, more or less to taste
- ½ c. Litehouse® Coleslaw Dressing
- ¼ c. Mango Juice
- 1 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp. Lime Zest
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 tbsp. Finely Minced Green Onion
- 1 tsp. Sriracha Red Pepper Sauce
For Marinade and Steaks:
- Combine mango juice, lime juice, lime zest and olive oil in bowl. Whisk in garlic, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Pour mixture in zip-top plastic bag and add steak, turning to coat. Let marinate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Heat grill to approximately 400°F. Remove steak from marinade; discarding used marinade. Season steak on both sides with salt according to personal preference. Add steak to oiled grates and grill approximately 5 to 6 minutes, before flipping once to cook another 4 to 5 minutes. For medium-rare doneness, remove steak from grill when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F. Allow steaks to rest 5 minutes on platter before slicing.
For Dressing and Slaw:
- In large bowl, toss together jicama, red onion, mangos, green onions (cross-wise sliced bulbs and length-wise sliced tops), cilantro and dried red pepper. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together Coleslaw Dressing, mango juice, lime juice, lime zest, vinegar, ginger, green onion and sriracha. Pour over slaw and stir gently to evenly coat. Serve cold.