This layered fruit and cheese appetizer is a beautiful addition to any party spread. Serve with crackers or baguette.
- 2 Litehouse Gorgonzola Center Cuts
- 2 cups Blueberries (plus a little more for serving)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- Sliced Almonds
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, water, sugar and juice of half a lemon.
- Stir ingredients together while simmering over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken and blueberries begin to burst.
- Continue stirring while mixture thickens.
- On a plate or serving platter, place one of the Litehouse Gorgonzola Center Cuts in the middle of the plate.
- Spoon blueberry mixture over the center cut, concentrating on the middle, to keep it from running down the sides.
- Add second Gorgonzola center cut on top, creating a stack. Top with more blueberry sauce, as well as fresh blueberries (if desired) and sliced almonds.
- Serve immediately with crackers or baguette.