An Instant Pot cooks this elegant yet easy meal, including stuffed chicken entrée and herb rice side, in under 30 minutes. A celebration-worthy meal for Easter or other spring gatherings.
- 2 large skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts (approximately 1 lb.)
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Poultry Blend Herbs
- 1 c. Baby Spinach
- ¼ lb. Sliced Deli Ham
- 6 spears Fresh Asparagus
- 3 oz. Low-Moisture Mozzarella (slices or cut from block)
- Salt & Pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 c. Arborio Rice
- 2 1/2 c. Chicken Stock
- 1 tsbp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives
- 2 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Red Onion
- 1/3 Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ c. Milk
- Butterfly chicken breast by laying breast flat on cutting board, holding in place with palm of hand, and carefully slicing horizontally through chicken, stopping ¼” from opposing end. Repeat with remaining breast.
- Open chicken breasts up into “butterfly” and sprinkle each breast evenly with Poultry Herb Blend, dividing among the two.
- Next, layer chicken with spinach leaves, removing any obtrusive stems. Next layer a couple ham slices over spinach, number of slices will vary depending on how thinly ham cut.
- Place cheese in a line down center (or lay flat is using slices) and place three (cut to fit) asparagus spears on each breast to one side. Starting at the end with the asparagus, start rolling the chicken tightly toward the other end. Use toothpicks or cooking twine to hold together and seal up ends.
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and set on sauté mode. Once hot, add chicken breasts and sear for approximately four minutes -- 1 minute each on top, bottom and both sides. (Note: chicken will not be cooked through yet only browned on the outside, it will finish during pressure cooking). Using tongs, carefully remove chicken from Instant Pot a temporarily set aside on plate.
- Add rice, chicken broth, vinegar, garlic, red onion, parsley and chives; stir until combined. Add seared chicken breasts on top, “end” sides up.
- Add lid to Instant Pot and set to cook for 12 minutes on high pressure. After time goes off, carefully quick release steam and remove lid.
- Use tongs to remove chicken, set aside to cool for 5 minutes on platter.
- Stir milk and cheese into rice mixture until combined. If any mozzarella cheese has seeped out of chicken during cooking, just leave it and stir into rice.
- Slice chicken in ½ - ¾” cross-section slices to reveal inner ingredients. Serve atop mound of herbed risotto.