This hearty quinoa salad is packed with colorful root vegetables. Tricolor quinoa, along with bright red radishes, seasonal carrots, and sweet potatoes, makes a lovely vegetarian side dish, especially tossed in a savory honey mustard vinaigrette with a surprise kick from Litehouse® Freeze Dried Jalapeños.
Roasted Root Quinoa Salad:
- 3 Carrots, sliced on the diagonal into ½ inch rounds
- 2 Small Sweet Potatoes, or 1 large, sliced into ½ inch half moons
- 4 tsp. Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Sweet Onion, sliced into ½ inch slices
- 1 Bunch of Radishes, quartered (about 8 radishes)
- 1 c. Bob’s Red Mill® Organic Whole Grain Tri-Color Quinoa
- ½ c. Crumbled Feta
- ¼ c. Pumpkin Seeds
- Fresh Herbs, for garnish
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1 tbsp. GloryBee® Artisan Fermented Honey
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Jalapeños
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add the carrots and sweet potatoes to a baking sheet and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While the first veggies roast, add the radishes and onions to a second baking sheet. Toss with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. After the sweet potatoes and carrots have roasted for 15 minutes, toss them on the baking sheet and return to the oven. Put the second baking sheet with the radishes and onions into the oven and roast everything for another 15 minutes. The veggies are done when they’re soft and beginning to brown slightly.
- While the veggies are roasting, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. When the water boils, add the quinoa and return to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 12 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Remove the pot from the heat, fluff the quinoa with a fork, cover, and let the quinoa sit for 15 minutes.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a jar or small bowl.
- When the veggies and quinoa are both finished, add everything to a large mixing bowl. Toss in feta and pepitas. Dress the salad and stir to combine. Top with fresh herbs.