Herbed chickpea salad is loaded with fresh vegetables and fiber rich chickpeas. It packs perfectly for a summer picnic!
- 1/4 c. Couscous
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1 19oz. can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Red Pepper, diced
- 2 c. Chopped Broccoli
- 1/2 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Dill
- 1/2 c. Litehouse® Balsamic Vinaigrette
- In a small sauce pan, boil the water and stir in the couscous. Remove the pan from the heat and let sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to a large serving bowl. Add the diced red onion, red pepper, broccoli and dill. Give it a good stir then add the dressing.
- Once the couscous is ready, fluff it with a fork and add it to the salad. Toss to combine. Refrigerate the salad at least an hour before serving.