If you like wings, your gathering NEEDS these spicy rum wings!
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Instantly Fresh Garlic
- 3 scallions, finely chopped, plus more for topping
- 1 to 2 serrano peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons Instantly Fresh Ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 jumbo chicken wings
- Litehouse Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing, for serving
- Prepare the marinade by combining the rum, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, scallions, serranos, ginger, allspice, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Rinse the wings and place them in a resealable plastic bag and add the marinade.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly, then turn the bag over to completely coat the wings. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, turning the bag once or twice.
- Drain the wings, reserving the marinade. Bring the marinade to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced by about half, about 5 minutes.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Place the wings on the grill and cover with the lid and cook until the juices run clear, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Brush the wings with the reserved marinade/sauce 1-2 times on each side throughout the cooking process.
- Remove the wings from the grill and top with chopped scallions and serve with lime wedges.