Make perfect fluffy and flavorful mashed potatoes every time with this easy no-fail recipe for Instant Pot Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes. Take the creamy mashed potatoes to the next level with chunks of Litehouse Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles aged for over 100 days that will give the mashed potatoes a rich creamy flavor!
- 8 Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives
- 4 oz. Litehouse® Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles + 1-2 tablespoons for topping
- First, peel the potatoes, and cut into large cubes (make sure all pieces are similar in size).
- Place in the Instant Pot and cover with about 4 cups of water. Add one teaspoon of salt to the water.Close the lid, making sure the valve is in "sealing" position.
- Select the "steam" setting and cook for 6 minutes.
- As soon as the Instant Pot beeps and the potatoes are done; carefully do a quick pressure release.
- Drain the potatoes immediately into a strainer. Return the potatoes back to the Instant Pot. Using a potato masher, immediately mash the potatoes.
- Let the steam escape for a few minutes. Then mix in the butter, heavy cream, Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley, Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives, and 4 oz. Litehouse Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles. Mix well until just incorporated.
- Taste the potatoes then alt and pepper to taste. Garnish the mashed potatoes with additional Litehouse Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles (about 1-2 tablespoons), and a sprinkle of both Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley, Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives, and Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives. Serve immediately or let stay on “warm” setting in the Instant Pot until ready to serve.