- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Litehouse Freeze Dried Ginger
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind the Litehouse freeze dried ginger into a fine powder.
- Using a whisk or stand-up mixer, combine room temperature butter and sugar. Add in the egg and mix.
- Add in molasses and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- Add in the dry ingredients mixture slowly.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to about 1/4 inch. Using different sizes and shapes of cookie cutters, cut out cookies and place on parchment paper.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes on a baking sheet.
- After they have cooled off, decorate each cookie with icing.