This sweet and spicy ginger martini is perfect to serve with a group of friends on a fall night or at a holiday party.
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse Freeze-Dried Ginger
- 6 ounces vodka
- Juice of 1 lime
- Lemon zest or fresh cranberries for garnish
- Bring water and sugar to a low boil over medium heat. Add in the ginger and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover. Allow to sit for 1 hour to cool. Strain the liquid into an air-tight container, removing the ginger pieces.
- Add the vodka, lime juice and 2 ounces of ginger syrup to a martini shaker. Add in enough ice to fill the container, seal and shake until chilled.
- Divide the cocktail between 4 martini glasses and garnish before serving.
- Store remaining ginger syrup in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.