Breaded and deep-fried jalapeno poppers stuffed with a creamy blend of four cheeses and bacon.
- 15-18 Fresh Jalapenos (depending on size)
- ½ c. Bacon, cooked, diced
- 8 oz. Low-Fat Cream Cheese
- 4 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz. Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 oz. Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- 6 c. Vegetable Oil
- 3 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 6 Eggs
- 3 c. Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Greeze Dried Cilantro
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Litehouse® Salsa Ranch Dressing, for dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- In a deep fryer or large skillet, heat vegetable oil to 350° F.
- Pierce fresh jalapenos near the stem with a fork. Deep-fry jalapenos for 90 seconds or until skin blisters and then place them in a bowl lined with paper towel. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and set aside for 3-4 minutes. The steam will help make peeling the jalapenos easier.
- Place all the cheeses and spices into a food processor and puree until smooth. Add bacon and mix to combine, then set aside for use in later steps.
- Peel jalapenos by gently removing the skin. Cut jalapenos lengthwise and remove the seeds and white pith. Rinse and dry the inside and outside of the jalapeno.
- Using a pastry bag or small spoon, place cheese filling inside jalapenos. Be careful not to overfill jalapenos, as you will need to pinch them closed. Once closed wipe off excess cheese from jalapeno exterior.
- Dredge jalapenos in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg. Shake off excess egg and roll in breadcrumbs. For extra crunchy breading dip in egg and dip in breadcrumbs a second time.
- Deep-fry the breaded jalapenos in hot oil until golden brown and crispy then drain on paper towels. Depending on the size of the jalapenos, you may need to place them in the oven for a short time to heat them all the way through. (Ideal internal temperature is 165° F).