Fire-roasted New Mexico Hatch green chilis stuffed with calabacitas and sauced with Litehouse® Hatch Chile Ranch and corn puree.
- 4 New Mexico Hatch green chilis
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- ½ red onion, small dice
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow squash, small dice
- 1 medium green squash, small dice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp. Litehouse® Hatch Chile Ranch
- 2 tbsp. Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp. fresh micro cilantro
- Turn on oven to broil.
- Place chilis and corn on foil-lined roasting pan. Place pan in oven a few inches under broiler. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes checking and turning every 3-5 minutes until all sides are blackened.
- Remove chilis and corn from oven.
- Place chilis into a plastic zip-lock bag and close bag to steam. Set aside.
- Pre-heat large sauté pan to high heat.
- Put cooking oil in pan.
- Place onions and garlic into pan and sauté 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add yellow and green squash to pan and sauté 3-4 minutes, or until squash is lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cut corn kernels from corn cob.
- Place kernels in blender with Litehouse® Hatch Chile Ranch. Blend until smooth. Set puree aside.
- Remove chilis from bag and peel outer skin. Cut lengthwise slit in each chili.
- Stuff each chili with ¼ of squash mixture.
- Serve with Litehouse® Hatch Chile Ranch and corn puree.
- Garnish with Cotija cheese and micro cilantro.